Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tate is here!


Tate Brent Martin graced the world with his presence on December 16, 2008 at 6:32 a.m. My beloved sister-in-law made it here by 2 a.m. the night before, just in time to begin timing my contractions, which had started a half hour earlier. I will spare you the details, but suffice it to say that Tate is healthy, I am healthy, Noah is healthy :) and we are finally getting a little more sleep now that Tate is 3-1/2 weeks old.

Thanks to all of you who prayed for me throughout my pregnancy, and a special thanks to those who woke up in the middle of that exact night to pray for me, not knowing why. God used you to show us just how much He loves us. Sometimes He just blows me away.

As we embark on this journey called parenthood, we will need every ounce of God's wisdom we can get. God has put you in our life for a reason and we are thankful to call you our friend.

Enjoy some pics of our new little guy!

First bubble bath with mom during my first week of life


Then I got to hang out with Grandma Pat


Not very impressed with the car seat

Well, I guess it's okay . . . sometimes.



Two weeks old already . . . how time flies


First bath in my own tub


Four weeks now - and counting



Five weeks old







6 comments:

  1. He's so beautiful!!! Congrats!

    I'm so excited to watch your blog and your baby!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the pictures! Give Tate kisses from his Auntie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a tired papa! I am so glad you guys got a blog, now we can follow the growth of Tate and your family through pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! He is beautiful. Gracie and I will have to stop by one day to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweetie I love how God intertwines our lives every now and then. I can't wait to see all of you tuesday!

    ReplyDelete